COMING SOON! Changes to your online banking login process.
Beginning very soon, we are making a change to your online banking login process. In order to increase security and provide robust protection from fraudsters, we are implementing a new authentication process to your online banking login. We will be discontinuing the challenge questions and one-time email passcode authentication, and adding device recognition and customer authentication through SMS (text) messages or voice calls to your preferred telephone number. Home, Business, or Cell phone--its up to you.
This change will first occur through the web login on this page, and will soon be followed with changes to our mobile app. We believe that this new process will help us better protect your account information by adding another level of protection against unauthorized access.
In order to be best prepared for this change, please take a minute to review your telephone information on the profile tab of your online banking session, and make any necessary changes as soon as possible. And, as always, if you would like any additional information or have any questions, please call your local branch and we will be happy to assist you!
Thank you for visiting our website!
Please take a few moments to browse our site and learn about the many products and services available to you at The Bank of The West. The Bank of The West offers a variety of products and services designed to meet your banking needs, whether you are looking for a basic savings or checking account, interest bearing checking accounts, CDs, or a wide range of personal or commercial lending options. In addition, you can have 24/7/365 access to your account with our online banking product, or by using our custom designed mobile app, available in the Apple App Store on the Google Play store. You will need an online banking account to access your accounts through our mobile app, so sign up here first if you dont already use online banking. Other services available at The Bank of The West include ATMs, debit cards, gift cards, as well as many others. So, when you are looking for a great hometown banking experience, drop by one of our four convenient locations and meet our friendly staff. We really look forward to seeing you!
Convenient Ways to Conduct Banking & Financial Transactions from Your Home or Office
The Bank of The West is committed to serving our customers by offering efficient and friendly access to banking services at each of our branch locations, and we offer many alternate solutions for those that wish to avoid public places due to the ongoing concern of the COVID-19 pandemic. If you wish to refrain from visiting our lobbies, we encourage you to:
Bank from your vehicle!
Our drive-through lanes remain open during our regular hours to serve you, or after hours you may use our night drop depositories or get cash from one of our ATMs without leaving your vehicle.
Our Online and Mobile Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These services allow both consumers and businesses to perform many banking transactions from your home, office, or on the go through your smartphone or mobile device. The following services are available through our online/mobile banking products:
- Check Balances
- Review Account Activity
- Print Statements
- Transfer funds between your accounts at The Bank of The West
- Set up notifications via SMS or email for account and security events
- Manage your debit card, review transactions, and even disable your card when you dont need to have it active.
- Deposit Checks from your phone via mobile image deposit. (contact us if you would like to add this option)
- Pay Bills (contact us if you would like to add this option)
Call any of our four locations! Our employees will be happy to assist with any of your banking needs. Our employees can also assist you with setting up you online/mobile banking!
Have you downloaded our mobile app? Take us with you when you are on the go, and keep your accounts only a few clicks away! You can download our app from the Apple App store or from Google Play. If you have questions or concerns about mobile banking safety, please review our safety tips for mobile banking article on our Tips and Advice page. You can review the Terms and Conditions here.
The Bank of The West now offers mobile deposit capture for consumer customers. Using your mobile device and our mobile app, you may now deposit checks of up to $2,000.00 directly to your account. You may review the terms and conditions here. For more information on mobile capture, please visit our Tips and Advice page. If you would like to sign up for mobile deposit capture, please contact your local branch.
Bill Pay is now available for consumer online banking users through our website or our convenient mobile app. If you are interested in signing up for Bill Pay, please contact your local Branch office for more information.
Safety Tips to Remember When Using Mobile Banking
Let’s talk about mobile banking safety. By now, mobile banking is a pretty common term that most of us hear on a day to day basis. But, how safe is it to use? In general mobile banking is safe. In today’s world nothing can be 100% secure from some type of compromise, but the banking industry has taken major steps to make sure that mobile banking apps are secure. The problem often lies with the mobile device and how it connects to internet.
Our mobile devices are convenient and are a big part of how we keep in touch with the world. It makes sense that we now have banking information at our finger tips, 24/7. As a financial institution, we work hard to make sure that your banking information stays secure, and we want to provide you with several tips to help prevent someone from gaining access to your personal information.
The most important step in keeping mobile devices such as phones and tablets secure is realizing that mobile devices are portable computers and treating them as such. Using these common-sense precautions can help protect your personal information:
- Set the device to require a strong password to power on or awake it from sleep mode. If it is lost or stolen, this will make it more difficult to access any personal information stored on the device.
- Whether you’re using the mobile Web or a mobile app, don’t let your device automatically log you in or remain connected to financial or sensitive apps or websites. Otherwise, if your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have easier access to your information.
- Don’t save your password, account number, PIN, answers to secret questions or other such information in an unprotected manner on the mobile device. Consider using a secure password keeper app for this purpose.
- If you lose your mobile device, IMMEDIATELY tell your bank or mobile operator. The sooner your report the loss, the better protected you are from fraudulent transactions.
- Treat your mobile device as securely as you would your wallet, cash, and credit cards.
- Download and install new software updates. This includes operating system updates for your mobile device as well as new app versions. These updates often incorporate security patches to help better protect your device.
- Say NO to public WIFI! Only use WIFI on your device when connected to password protected hotspots that you know and trust. Turn-off auto-connect features. They might cause your device to log into insecure wireless networks without your knowledge. Consider using a reliable Virtual Private Network (VPN) to increase security when using public WIFI.
- Keep track of account transactions. Review your bank statements regularly to identify unknown or fraudulent transactions. If you notice discrepancies, contact your bank immediately.
- Be cautious of e-mails or text messages from unknown sources asking you to update, validate, or confirm your personal details including password and account information. If you are not 100% sure of the source, don’t disclose any information.
- Be aware of your surroundings if you check your financial information when you are in a public place. Some people may try to “shoulder surf” which is stealing your information by observing your activity.
- Before you upgrade, dispose of, or recycle your device, delete all personal/business details. Perform a “factory reset” if possible to delete all personal information from the device.
We hope these tips will help you to keep you mobile devices and personal information protected. You may view our recent and past educational articles on our “Tips and Advice” page by clicking here or by clicking the “Tips and Advice” link from the bottom menu of any page on our site. And, as always, if you have questions about privacy or data security, or if you think your information may have been compromised, please call us at (580) 661-3541.
Did you know that you can view your account statements online? You can view up to the past 18 months of account statements from within online banking by clicking the Documents tab while viewing any account. If you would like to “go paperless” and receive your statements only by electronic means, you can do that too! If youd like more information regarding eStatements, please contact your local branch office of The Bank of The West.